Tuesday, July 5, 2016

New Camera, Part II -- Tae Kwon Do

At first, during Keira's class, I took many of the same kind of photos I had taken before, but I was impressed by their quality and sharpness. I caught Master Jang doing kicking stance with Keira during warm ups. The funny thing about this picture, is that I captured Nolan looking less than enthusiastic. Nolan later became Elijah's best friend, during this class we didn't know him well.

After warm ups, the class moved on to punching and kicking drills. Nolan's older brother, Griffin, held the target for Keira and Nolan.



 
Finally, Keira worked with Mr. Don on her self defense. It was hard not to giggle while watching my little 30 pounder take down a big strong, over 150 pound, teenage boy. Adorable.


While Keira worked out on the mat, Elijah enjoyed silly backroom antics with Christina and Jordyn.


During Keira's class one of the parents on the bench chatted with me about my camera and told me about sports mode, which I hadn't even looked at yet. Thanks to sports mode, I was able to take even better, stop action, photos during Elijah's class. Awesome.


With sports mode, we can catch the kids mid air, and you can even see the uniforms frozen mid movement. My camera is amazing. It makes photographing the kids' Tae Kwon Do classes so much more rewarding.


While Elijah worked out on the mat Keira made Valentines. Here she is showing off the one she made for Eli.




No comments:

Post a Comment