Friday, June 13, 2014
A Bird's Nest and Mommy Love at the Library
Last summer, we spent a lot of time at our local library. Both kids participated in the Summer Reading Program where they read books or had books read to them and they earned stickers and eventually prizes. They both enjoyed taking the golf cart to the library to pick out new books. Keira also enjoyed doing some puzzles and sitting in the kids' section while Daddy or I read a book to her. Elijah would sit near us and half listen while reading his own book to himself silently. Daddy and I also enjoyed keeping ourselves stocked in good, free reading material, too. On June 21, 2013, when we arrived at the library we were greeted by a baby bird who had fallen out of the nest. The birds had made a nest in the eaves of the library. While Scott headed inside to tell a librarian about the plight of the baby bird, the kids and I sat on the sidewalk and guarded the baby bird and the nest.


Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment