Saturday, October 11, 2014

Minecraft Playdate

Besides Tae Kwon Do, Elijah's main obsession in the last year has been Minecraft.  I'm a bit of a technophobe, and I have considerable concerns related to video game addictions.  But, Scott and I did some considerable research, and within our video time restrictions, Minecraft seems to be relatively benign, and even fairly educational.  Scott has described it as digital Legos.  The best unintended side effect of letting Elijah download and play Minecraft is that it has given him a common language with kids, older kids, and last year, specifically the fourth graders.  In the pictures of the Thanksgiving Feast, Elijah and Ryan were undoubtedly discussing Minecraft.  In the middle of November, Elijah invited Jacob over for a Minecraft play date.  Elijah was unimpressed with me taking pictures of them playing.  But, nonetheless, the second picture is one of my favorites of him from last year.  And, even though Minecraft doesn't make for a very interesting photographic subject, it did have to be documented.

No comments:

Post a Comment