Friday, October 10, 2014

Thanksgiving Lunchtime Feast

At Elijah's Elementary School, each grade has a special feast during the year that the families are invited to attend at lunchtime.  The kitchen staff goes all out and cooks up a storm.  The lunchroom is festively decorated and families come out to enjoy a meal with their kids.  Last year, the fourth grade's special meal was Thanksgiving.  A few months before, I had started helping out my friend Melanie, who homeschools her kids, and works very part time as a nurse.  I volunteered to homeschool her kids on the days that the hospital needed her.  Through the fall and winter I think we averaged about three homeschool days with the kids per month.  It was fun to flex my teaching muscles again and the income was nice, too.  The feast fell on a homeschool day, so Keira, Anna, Christian and I met Scott and Elijah for a yummy sit down meal.



Eventually, Elijah's fourth grade friend Ryan came to sit at our table to eat and chat, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment