I like to bake a double batch of Oat Flour Pumpkin Muffins to have in my freezer at all times. They are a staple in Keira's diet, and I've doctored the recipe to make it as healthy as possible, but still yummy. Last year, I turned rewriting the Pumpkin Muffin recipe into a double batch recipe into a homeschool math lesson for Elijah. Then, both kids helped me bake the recipe. While baking, both kids expressed interest in creating their own concoction. So, we went for it. Both Elijah and Keira created their own recipe including basic baking ingredients, and they both smelled and looked delicious. They were quite proud of their creations. I took some photos of them with their concoctions before they sampled them.
As expected the concoctions were not nearly as delicious as they hoped, but isn't life about the journey anyway?
No comments:
Post a Comment